Saturday, April 16, 2011

Alternatives


A few adjustments to an English Breakfast to make it more WeightWatcher's friendly.

1. Use one whole egg and one egg white instead of two whole eggs.

2. Spray the pan with Pam instead of using butter.

3. Either eliminate the sausage or replace it with turkey sausage.

4. Replace the white flour English Muffin with one half of a whole wheat English Muffin.

5. Replace the Smucker's Strawberry Preserves that are in the rabbit dish with the American Spoon Foods Strawberry-Rhubarb sugarless preserves that Dana gave me for my birthday.

6. Omit the butter on the muffin.

OR

Sit at the place setting next to this one and just have coffee ;) That is probably not a great idea.

Happy Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Or...you can say -- Heck with it and enjoy a yummy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious to me. I really enjoyed the English breakfast when I was in London. I was not familiar with "bangers" aka sausage. They did broil the tomatoes. It actually reminded me of the type of breakfast my paternal grandmother would serve in West Texas. Only other time I saw tomatoes served for breakfast... my favorite meal of the day.
    Have a peaceful Sunday,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast looks delicious! I love the turkey sausage also. The blue dishes are gorgeous! I posted a fantastic cheesecake on my blog that you may like...it is very good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue