Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Peace

Hopefully you are all keeping your cool during these last few days before Christmas. We had our family celebration here a couple of weeks ago so the bulk of my shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, and hostessing are complete. You would think that this week would have gone smoothly, and it has for the most part, but yesterday I felt like I might be loosing it with papers piled a mile high on my desk and the ghosts of things undone all came rushing in at once.

I was on the phone most of the day with our insurance prescription provider, then with Boyne Highlands and Dad trying to get rooms reserved for the overflow up north next week. Stacks of menu ideas, grocery & to do lists, year end charitable giving lists, graduation and wedding cards to get in the mail (added anxiety about being so negligent), Christmas pictures to download and forward were all piling up. Hurt feelings soothed and confusion clarified.
This morning though I woke up with a new attitude. These smiling faces greeted me on my computer and reminded me that all is right with the world even if I don't get every thing done.

I am so grateful for the grace that my family and friends give me, and we give each other, year in and year out for my, and their, short comings. Isn't that one of the best gifts we can share with each other?

Blessings and grace I share with You my kind reader. As you go about your day may the peace of the Lord be with you. Smiles all around!
Pictures of our Grand Children
by
Ashley Privite

10 comments:

  1. Good friends and family love you no matter where you are on your "to do" list. Love both of those picture of those beautiful children in your life -- especially the one where they got to make the crazy faces -- how fun! Have a beautiful Christmas....one filled with joy and peaceful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful faces to greet you for sure! I can see where they would brighten your day! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family and friends and wondeerful smiles trump everything else at this time of year.
    What adorable children, all dressed in their holiday finery. How lovely!
    It makes me smile, too.
    Merry Christmas!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful children! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess all families are really alike LOL

    Looks like some of our family pictures the funny faces

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are too funny! The holidays can be overwhelming at times but there is only so much time in the day! Have a wonderful holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Sue you are a blessing and special person to me, I am very thank-ful to have you as my friend. (not sure about John..lol jk) I know this will be a different Christmas for all of you, so I pray for that peace and happiness you all deserve.. The kids are adorable as always.. Merry Christmas!! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks KP for stopping by and your kind words. You reminded me to credit Ashley for the pictures to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Families are the best! What would we do without them? The grankids are all adorable in their dress up clothes.
    Merry Christmas, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have really beautiful grandchildren. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue