Saturday, November 07, 2009

Baked Potato Bar Birthday Party

Photo via Rookie Cookie
~
We are up north today getting ready to celebrate fall birthdays. Kyle requested steak and a baked potato bar for the meal. Everybody likes steak and baked potatoes, well almost everybody. I suppose it sounds repulsive to a vegetarian but we don't have any of those in our family. Not sure that is good or bad but it is what it is.
~
A Baked Potato Bar sounded like a fun simple idea for the party. The few days that I was home last week was spent hunting and gathering party preps. Gifts were finalized, presents wrapped, cards were signed, food was purchased, cake was ordered and picked up, bar was restocked, extra plates, utensils and linens were located, 8' folding table and 8 chairs were schlepped up from the basement, food was put on ice for the trip, and then all was placed oh so carefully into the SUV.
~
Although not as simple as it first sounded, with the major effort behind us it is time to unload it all and let the celebration begin.
~
Happy birthday Kyle. Today is his actual birthday.
Happy belated or pre birthday also to:
Dad
Angie
&
Taylor
~
Hugs,
Sue

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea for a party. I love baked potatoes loaded with everything. Happy Birthday to everyone. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy and not too difficult or expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, what fun! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I have never seen this before - my family would love it!! Looks yummy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time and fun way to celebrate the birthdays. We have 4 this month, too. Enjoy the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wanted to do one of those for such a long time. I think I will make plans and finally have a baked poatato bar party soon! I LOVE potatoes any way, shape or form!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm one of "those people" who doesn't eat red meat...but, the loaded potatoes sound delish! I must confess...on rare occasions is sneak in a White Castle burger:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun party -- and your toppings! Of course, here on the prairie -- we love beef! (especially when it comes as a thick steak!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the idea of the baked potato buffet! How clever and there are so many options for fillings.I hope everyone has a great time and Happy Birthday to all.
    Best wishes for a wonderful week, Natasha.
    PS I have been looking over some older posts and I LOVE LOVE your gorgeous home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMM, what a great idea.

    Many wishes to everyone for their birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well ...the nice idea about a baked potato bar is that it would suit vegetarians ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love baked potatoes, it's a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue