Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Tablescape For Two

This week I set up the kitchen table for two on my faded place mats and napkins. They are old but only get used during Halloween so they have held up pretty well. The pumpkin on the black pedestal came from the Hobby Lobby this year.
The leaf plates are from Big Lot's in Mt. Pleasant before they closed a few years ago. The green base plate if from Pier 1 last year. We got the little all bees wax votive candles this year at the Victorian Festival in Novi. They are sitting in my old little green depression glass cups that hold syrup in them when I make pancakes for the kids or raisins when I make them oatmeal.

The three tiered stand came from The Basket Tree, a cute little shop in Mt. Pleasant. Last year I bought two of them, one for me and one for Dana for Christmas. They have really come in handy for creating height in seasonal decorating. I think the fruit topiary also came from Big Lots along with the leaf plates. The amber glasses you have seen before.
~
The flat ware is what we use every day and has been in many of my tablescapes but I do not think I ever said what kind it was. It is Reed & Barton's, Francis 1st. My Mother started buying it for us, a place setting at a time, for Christmas many years ago. Over the years I have added different serving pieces to the collection and now have a nice set. I have a set of Ice Tea spoons on my wish list if anybody is interested ,).

~
Thanks for coming by. Susan at Between Naps On The Porch is the lovely hostess for this weekly event.

~

Happy Tablescape Thursday,
Hugs,
Sue




24 comments:

  1. Oh this is just gorgeous. I love the leaf plates and the beautiful topiary. The tiered stand is just wonderful too. Such a beautiful table. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty halloween tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table! I love the amber glassware. Our Big Lots closed here too. I miss it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    Be sure to scoot over and enter in for my Giveway...only a few days left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:24 AM

    Hi Sue! Love your table and love how you've used your 3 tier stand to hold all the Fallness! Your silverware is lovely!
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue
    This is a wonderful halloween table for two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet table setting! The placemats are darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling tablescape...I love the three tier stand...what a verstile piece!!!

    Enjoy!!!
    XOXO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty TS and the dishes are so cute. Have a Happy Halloween and I hope you get lots of treats!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable. I bet your kids love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and casual! I do more table setting for two than anything else. Faded or not, you have placemats ~ I didn't even put anything like that down for mine ~ I need to get some new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Adorable tablescape....thanks for sharing...Pat H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue,
    Very cute Fall table, all the color with the black accents makes it. Nice job!
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your placemats!!! Great tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and autumnal without being creepy for the holiday! I love the pieces of Depression glass. I have some from my grandmother and am always looking for ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you are all ready for some Halloween fun! Beautiful plates! Happy TT and have a wonderful Halloween : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. So inviting and lovely, love the leaf plates, they look wonderful with all the colors, love it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those leaf plates are wonderful. The colors are so inviting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely tablescape!!! Happy Halloween catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue,
    Gorgeous as always...even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would be delicious in that setting....

    Blessings,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderfully delightful tablescape! I think the green with all your lovely black & orange looks smashing! The leaf plates are soooo cute ....I wish our BL had them!

    I really enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    ♥ Rettabug

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty table, perfect for two and for the season! Thanks for sharing all your buying tips...you're a great shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beatifull plates! I like this. Greetz from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute -- this looks like a sweet table for two.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue