Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Finally Feeling Fall

It finally feels a bit like fall here today. After posting all the pink yesterday I thought I better move on. LOL

Here is the fall decorating progress. First everything comes off the top of the cupboards and counter tops and gets piled on the kitchen table. I wish I could tell you that everything gets washed off before putting it away for the season but it doesn't. But, so you don't think I'm a complete slob, the counter tops do get a good scrubbing ;)


Here is the almost bare kitchen getting ready for the fall decorations.


Starting at the top and working my way down seems to work best. Our little scarecrow lady lost an arm somehow while in storage but with a bit of a tilt she is good to go.


Some leaf plates over the pantry door and a couple of pumpkin dish towels brighten this corner.
Hope that where ever you are you are enjoying this day as much as we are here. Stop by for a visit, but please excuse the mess. I know you will understand.

Hugs,

Sue


6 comments:

  1. Sue,
    Gosh, you are ahead of me in fall decorating! I have the kitchen window box done and that's all.

    I need to get in the attic and bring down the boxes of fall things...at present I have 4 grandchildren with 2 being under 4 years....so think I'll wait....

    Every thing looks so tasteful....Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sue,

    The extra TLC you put in your home always inspires. I love what you did with the pictures and sconces in the pink room, also.

    P.S. Let me know if you try out the pasta recipe...it can be eaten warm, room temp., or cold (we like it at room temp.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good gracious! You really do decorate from the top...down! I can't wait to see the finished results. I'm sure it will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed that you take everything out and start from scratch. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaf plates are very pretty on the checked paper, You are very organised working from the top down. Why hadn't I thought of that? I start in the middle and fumble along most times!
    ~Kalianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful Fall treasures! I love your home...always a treat to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue