Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Curvy Shelves

Good morning. The other day Nancy from Southern Lady asked to see more of this shelf in the hall upstairs just outside the laundry room so I thought it might be fun to feature some of our shelves here at Greenbrier. This flimsy little shelf is a good size to tuck into narrow spaces. Size is one thing that draws me to one shelf over another. To keep things from being too heavy to hang with a couple of common nails the ones with fret work on the sides usually work best. Some people are drawn to straight lines but curvy pieces work for us.
This shelf was the perfect size to tuck into a corner. The design on it is so detailed that I didn't think it needed much on it. This shelf is missing some pieces and the finish is much less that perfect but lovely none the less. I have no idea what that thing is on the top shelf. I really should wear my glasses when taking these pictures.........
This simple shelf in the family room is a good shelf for a few little books that would be lost in bigger book shelves. It is in a bit better condition than the ones upstairs.
In the dining room this shelf holds seasonal displays and has groves on the back of the shelves for propping plates up on. This shelf is of a better quality so it works well in this more formal room.

Thanks Nancy for asking about the shelf. I hope you all enjoyed your visit here this morning and the tour of a few shelves.

Hugs,
Sue

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sue, Thank you so much for showing us your beautiful shelves! I have really enjoyed the tour. I love them all but my favorite one is in the dining room...I love it!!! You have them all decorated so nice. Thanks for adding my name in the post...your so sweet! Thanks for coming by to visit, I am glad you enjoyed the Grainger Co tour....I love log homes, we have soooo many of them around here...this has inspired me to do a log home post...Blessings to you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!! I bet you'll be surprised to hear from me :) Dana and I have been emailing back and forth and she has been helping me with my new blog. I hope you are doing well! I had a chance to see Dana and the boys when I was home in May...it was wonderful. Here is the address of the website I am working on so you can see pictures of our little boy. Hugs!! Kelly Flaherty (now Lopez) chaseandsister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,
    Your family, home and blog are adorable. I tried to leave a comment on your blog but didn't see a place to do that. Yes, I am so surprized and happy to hear from you. Stop by any time for a visit!
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue,

    I have the settings on "show" for the comments, but I can't figure out why they aren't showing up. That is something Dana was helping me with, but I can't seem to fix it. If you have any advice, let me know. Great connecting with your family again!

    Love, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue! I figured out how to fix the comments issue...I had to change the html code because the template I was using wouldn't allow comments. It worked! Feel free to leave a comment..you will be the first!

    xoxo

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Hi Sue,
    I found your blog through another...it caught my eye because my hubby and I ride a Harley and we actually visited Bay Harbor last year when we went to the UP. Please stop by sometime.

    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue,
    I like all the shelves shown...each with a different personality and tastefully decorated...

    I believe in using my linens...some vintage and some that will be one day hopefully...I just enjoy home and all that it represents....decorating, re-arranging....

    You are so brave! A motorcycle Mama.....Blessings, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Postscript:
    I would very much like to be added to your blog list...thanks, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh SWOON!!!! I love your shelves. That deer shelf is amazing. Is it from Europe? It kind of looks like something from the Black Forest. Love it :) I mentioned your beautiful home on my blog post. I hope you don't think I am a crazed stalker. I am your biggest fan :) I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have the time, I'm tagging you to name the 5 songs you are embarrassed to like.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue