Monday, April 28, 2008

Front Porch and Green Shabby Guest Room

This is the front of the guest house with the porch that, though I argued against and wanted a low terrace, turned out just fine.
The smaller of the two bedrooms is done in the green Shabby Chic bedding from Target. The side chair is draped with one of the Shabby Chic shower curtains that match the bedding in the bigger bedroom. We bought three of them with the intent of using them for curtains in the other bedroom but used one to cover this very comfy chair that was just the wrong shade of green.

The bathroom still isn't finished. When it is done Dana will probably post pictures. It is very small but should function alright for short term visitors. I did take a quick shower in the corner shower that has yet to receive its glass shower doors with only a small flood on the tile floor which held up quite well ;)

9 comments:

  1. It all looks absolutely wonderful! After my big dinner party this weekend, I'll be right over.:)
    Seriously, you have made this a lovely and welcoming place to stay.
    Hope you have a happy week.
    xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue :)

    I folowed you over from Lidy's blog. I love your home! It's absolutely precious.

    rue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so comfy & cozy. Very welcoming.
    Hugs, DebraK

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cottage is turning out so amazing! Did your folks just love it or what? Are you getting tons of people wanting to move in, cause I am with them on that wish!
    Wonderful job, love the up dates so much,
    Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue :)

    Actually I was going to add you to my blog and I forgot LOL Thank you for adding me and thank you for coming by and your kind words :)

    Hugs back,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,
    I just love all the different shades of greens you pulled together for the charming guest house...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sue, Thannk you so much for stopping my blog and leaving your lovely comments. I am so glad to have found you. I just love the bedding in your green shabby room. I can't wait to get to know some of the ladies on Your Favorite Blog links.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sweetly for your visit tonite :)
    Your home is gorgoues!!!!
    Jo-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful room.....so inviting and whispy.

    Love your page...wonderful!

    LaurieAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue