Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting Organized

Hi there! My computer has been out of commission the past few weeks, so if I haven't gotten back to you, please accept my apologies. I have missed you!

After this busy winter it was time to get organized again. Before even attempting to dig into organizing I had to gather and update my tools. The first tool to be updated was our calender that some how was still on February ;)
Carrie wrapped my birthday presents in the prettiest paper so I recycled it to cover my enlarged Control Journal to give me a little inspiration to pretty things up a bit. Please forgive the spaghetti sauce on the wallpaper in the above photo, the camera points out everything~~~~
My old Control Journal was packed to over flowing so I switched to a larger note book and printed out the page from Alison at Brocante Home as my title page.
Meal planning is probably my least favorite job. I love to cook, set the table and don't even mind the clean up but have a hard time deciding what to fix for dinner. My Master Grocery List helps me to quickly go through the pantry and refrigerator, see what I have on hand or might need and plan from there each week. It is not fool proof but at least it is something.
There is way more than I stock regularly on the list but it reminds me to think about what we might be out of that we will add to the shopping list for the week.
My final tool is my planner which gets put to use usually when I get behind like I have recently.
With my tools updated and gathered up last week I was able to get a good portion of the house back into running order. The basement, garage and yard still need attention but today is supposed to be a beautiful day here and Angie is coming down to do some shopping so I am off to get ready to meet her and enjoy this day that the Lord has made.
Thank you for continuing to stop by! I have really missed you all.
Hugs,
Sue


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:10 PM

    so good to see you back posting. I have missed you. I check here regularly since I found your site. I always think of your dear Son Aron and hope he continues to do well. I am in the process of making myself a daily planner and master grocery list also as life is getting busier and busier for me.

    again good to see you back and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Ive been wanting to make a planner or homekeeper binder for some time but keep procrastinating haha I really will do it someday (procrasting again hahaa)
    Hope all is well with you and yours :)


    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:35 PM

    Hi Sue,

    I'm so glad you're back and that it was only a problem with your computer !!!

    Have a nice time.

    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue