Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hi Mom!


Yesterday I stayed home and was able to get some rest. Angie went to the hospital early in the morning. What a thrill it was for me at about 11:00 am to get a phone call form Angie saying that someone wanted to talk to me and the voice on the other end of the phone said "Hi Mom". Our God is an awesome God, our God is an awesome God! What a glorious sound it was to my ears to here Aaron speak my name and tell me he loved me.

The speech therapist had come in and put a cap on the trake ??? so that he could try to speak and it worked. It is very tiring for him to do because it requires specific breathing techniques to produce the sound so he was only able to do it for about an hour, but what a blessed hour that was.

The physical therapist was also in and they had him standing up for the first time too. Angie remarked that she was reminded of how tall he is. He didn't stand for long, but it is progress.

He is very tired and his eye lids are heavy so he needs a lot of rest but one of his nurses, that had not seen him over the weekend, casually remarked as she walked by his room that his recovery was progressing miraculously. Praise God and thank all of you for your prayers in all your Churches last Sunday. We have had reports that many of your Churches included prayers for Aaron in their services and we are witnessing God's power to hear our prayers right here in the inner city of Detroit.

Oh, also Angie asked Aaron if he wanted to watch TV or listen to the radio and he shook his head no. A few minutes later when she looked over at him he was dancing with his hands, you know how much he likes to dance. Then she asked if he wanted to listen to the radio and he nodded yes, so she smiled and turned on the radio but it only gets one country station and a sad song came on. He then mouthed to her "something more upbeat" which was impossible for her to find. So, if any body has a CD that he might like to listen too that is upbeat, if you could get it to him that would be great. There is a CD player in his room.

Thank you and we love you all so much,
the family of Aaron

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Dear Sue,

    What great news. We are praying for Aaron's continued progress. Please tell Aaron that Ryan, James and I are thinking of him and that we love him very much. Thanks for your updates.

    Wendy Endres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue,
    I haven't been by in a while and I have been holding my breath reading your posts about Aaron. I am so glad to hear that he is doing better. Aaron, you and your family will be in my thoughts.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rejoicing with you, Sue! That is fabulous news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news!!! It truly is a miracle and you're right: never were there more sweet words than, "Hi Mom".

    Blessings to you all,
    Linda
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY SUE
    ITS TONY CLOUSE I THINK ABOUT AARON EVERYDAY. I KNOW EVERYTHING WILL BE OK WITH AARON HE IS A VERY STRONG MAN. I CANT WAIT TO HAVE MY NEIGHBOR COME HOME.
    SENDING OUR LOVE THE CLOUSE FAMILY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue