Saturday, August 11, 2007

Something Blue For Annie's Wedding


Today is going to be a long day. I don't know about you, but the older I get the harder it is to attend 11 or 12 hour events. Our niece is getting married today downtown at 1:30 pm, the reception is also downtown at 6:00 pm. Well I'm guessing many of you know this dilemma.....What on earth am I going to wear that I'll be able to get through this ordeal in. The usual issues: layering to go from hot flash to freezing in the AC, shoes that won't make me look like a frump but will allow me to stand around in them for some where around probably 6-8 hours, purse to carry a full days supply of necessities that does not look like a suitcase........and on it goes.
We really are excited about the wedding, it's just the getting there that is such a pain ;)

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a marathon day - I know you'll pull it off and look like the fabulous woman you are! Think I'd get a hotel room for the day to entertain family and take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Sue. After going back to work this week, the worst part was putting on proper shoes & wearing them all day! I have been barefoot for months or flipflops & this shoe business is hard.

    I'm sure you'll be fine & it will be a lovely day.

    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so relate to this...and it is especially difficult to get ready when it is hot and humid. : (

    But, I do know that you looked lovely!

    I hope you had a wonderful time.

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sue, Forget your feet, go for comfort. If you have to be social you can't think when your feet hurt! I love the blue and white vases, Heather will be eating her heart out! I have to agree, I think we do like the a lot of the same things! Have fun at the wedding and let us know about the dress, flowers and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is right - I do love the vases! Hope you have a great time.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I so appreciate it when you take the time to leave a bit of encouragement.
Hugs,
Sue